Appointment of Angelique Saweczko as University Registrar (PDAD&C #38)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
Dwayne Benjamin, Provostial Advisor on Recruitment, Enrolment, and Educational Space & Technology
Date: January 15, 2021
Re: Appointment of Angelique Saweczko as University Registrar (PDAD&C #38)
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Angelique Saweczko as University Registrar, effective April 1, 2021. The University Registrar currently reports to the Provostial Advisor on Recruitment, Enrolment, and Educational Space & Technology, and will report to the Vice-Provost, Strategic Enrolment Management as of July 1, 2021.
Working at the institutional level, the University Registrar plays an integral role in strategic and academic plans across the University’s tri-campus system. The University Registrar is a strategic leader, convener, subject matter expert, advocate, and service provider for tri-campus registrarial services, student financial aid & awards, and student accounts. As such, the University Registrar
- advises and consults with senior leadership on policy and planning decisions;
- provides tri-campus leadership and advice on matters related to registration, student records management, financial aid and awards, fee assessment, academic discipline and access to information;
- develops and maintains systems that support all functions across enrolment services;
- provides leadership and direction to the client service team to ensure a highly effective service culture and create a positive experience for current and prospective students;
- brings strategic leadership to student services and financial aid and awards by developing policy and procedures for undergraduate financial assistance programs, ensuring that the communication and administration of these programs is effective and accountable;
- convenes and champions transparent and collaborative decision-making across our three campuses; and
- provides a coordinated and seamless approach to the University’s provision of the best student experience.
Angelique Saweczko brings over two decades of registrarial and enrolment experience to the University, having served at York University, the University of Regina, Thompson Rivers University and the University of Calgary, where she was most recently the University Registrar. She has extensive expertise in student recruitment, strategic enrolment management, financial aid and awards, records and registration, student systems and scheduling, curriculum governance, and student development. As the University Registrar at the University of Calgary, Ms. Saweczko provided institutional leadership on enrolment management, student records and related systems, and government reporting, while guiding her team of over 100 staff.
Known for her capacity to combine and leverage her skills in strategic planning with a collaborative and student-centric approach, Ms. Saweczko successfully developed a culture of collaboration and support within the Office of the Registrar, improved staff retention, and enhanced the Office’s reputation at the University of Calgary. She was also responsible for developing a transparent and sustainable enrolment model; improving relationships with Faculties around enrolment planning, recruitment, registration and scheduling; and upgrading service delivery through technological and procedural enhancements.
We are delighted that Angelique Saweczko will be bringing her talents to the University. Her inspirational leadership, strategic vision, collaborative style, and commitment to the student experience will be a great asset in attracting, retaining and assisting the exemplary students we are fortunate to serve at the University of Toronto.