Resources for Faculty and Staff Members Supporting Students Over the Winter Break
From: Micah Stickel, Acting Vice-Provost, Students
Date: December 18, 2020
Re: Resources for Faculty and Staff Members Supporting Students Over the Winter Break
Please distribute this broadly within your area.
As we move into the winter break, I am writing to provide you with seven things you need know should students who are experiencing difficulty reach out to you.
- For emergencies, including medical emergencies, call 911 and Campus Police at 416-978-2222 (UTSG & UTSC) or 905-828-5200 (UTM).
- Provide the student with information for the 24/7 Counselling Service – UofT My Student Support Program (MySSP). MySSP works closely with the University and is an extension of the University’s services. MySSP counsellors are able to provide crisis support and short-term counselling. 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578. MySSP counsellors can also provide faculty and staff members with guidance on how to best manage a challenging situation with a student.
- On the St. George Campus, Health and Wellness is open on December 23, 29 and 30 from 10 am – 4 pm for students needing drop-in or booked care over the break. There will be same day drop-in medical appointments and counselling appointments available on those days. To book an appointment, students from any campus can call 416-978-8030.
- Students staying in residence over the winter break will have access to a dedicated counsellor for virtual drop-in appointments on December 27, 28, and January 2 from 10 am – 4 pm. Students can access a counsellor by calling 416-558-3117. This service is available to students in residence on all three campuses.
- The Student Crisis Response Team is not available from December 23, 2020 to January 3, 2021.
- Additional resources are available at: mentalhealth.utoronto.ca and https://studentlife.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/Feeling-distressed.pdf
- All faculty and staff have access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program 24/7/365.