Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program – Congratulations and Program Renewal until 2023 (PDAD&C #22)
From: Joshua Barker, Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Vice-Provost, Graduate Research & Education
Date: November 12, 2020
Re: Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program – Congratulations and Program Renewal until 2023 (PDAD&C #22)
Congratulations to the Cycle 3 Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellows!
I am delighted to share the names of the recipients from the third cycle of the University of Toronto Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship program. The program provides funding to increase opportunities for faculties to hire postdoctoral fellows from underrepresented groups, specifically Indigenous and/or Black researchers who demonstrate excellence and high potential for success in their chosen fields. The University is committed to fostering increased diversity and representation at all levels of teaching, learning, and research. Please join me in recognizing and celebrating these outstanding Fellows:
- Justin Beland, University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (FASE)
- David Green, Department of Applied Psychology & Human Development (OISE)
- Meagan Hamilton, Department of Geography & Planning (A&S)
- Samantha Jackson, Department of Language Studies (UTM)
- Kalonde Malama, Factor Inwentash School of Social Work
- Notisha Massaquoi, Factor Inwentash School of Social Work
- Lisa Ndejuru, Faculty of Information
- Ikenna Okeke, Department of Civil & Mineral Engineering (FASE)
- Safia Omer, Department of Biological Sciences (UTSC)
Please see the SGS website for more details and updates on the Fellows and their impressive undertakings.
Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellows Program Renewal until 2023
We are delighted to announce that the program is continuing for another three years, until 2023. The next cycle will start accepting applications in late January 2021. Full details will be made available on the SGS website.
For more information regarding the Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, please contact:
Sarah Pickering, Postdoctoral Administrative Officer
Postdoctoral Office, School of Graduate Studies