Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry (PDAD&C #60)
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||May 18, 2016|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry (PDAD&C #60)|
On June 30, 2017, Professor Daniel Haas will complete his first term as the Dean of the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry. Professor Haas is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the Faculty;
- In addition the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the fall term. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Provost’s Office by Friday, June 3, 2016, via online form at.
Questions about this search process should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.