[COVID-19] Planning and Re-Entry Advisory Group
To: Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Research and Innovation, and Strategic Initiatives
Date: June 9, 2020
Re: [COVID-19] Planning and Re-Entry Advisory Group
The University of Toronto is preparing for a gradual and safe return to our campuses for faculty, librarians, staff and students. As an institution, we are following the advice of public health authorities as we develop a range of options in the face of incredible complexity and a constantly evolving situation.
In order to better assist academic and administrative leaders navigate the many complexities of a safe return to our campuses, the University is forming the COVID-19 Planning and Re-Entry Advisory Group.
This Advisory Group is a cross-portfolio working group designed to support academic divisions, campuses, and institutional portfolios in decision-making regarding re-opening. The Advisory Group will facilitate rapid assessment of issues and challenges with a view to resolution in a safe and effective manner in accordance with applicable government orders, directives and guidance.
The Advisory Group will review and advise on situations that require specific assessment and requests for advice regarding issues not covered in existing guidance documents. The Advisory Group will report to the COVID-19 Incident Leadership Team (ILT) and will support a timely response to queries from all three campuses.
All requests should be brought forward to the Planning and Re-Entry Advisory Group by the divisional, campus or portfolio CAO. Department chairs and unit directors should contact their Principal’s or Dean’s Office if they have matters to be considered by the Advisory Group.
- Ron Saporta, Chief Operating Officer, Property Services and Sustainability (Chair)
- Erin Jackson, Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources and Equity
- Susan McCahan, Vice-Provost, Academic Programs and Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education
- Marc Drouin, Director, Research Safety and Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety
- David Newman, Executive Director, Student Experience, Student Life
- Christine Burke, Assistant Vice-President, University Planning