Call for Submissions — Indigenous Initiatives Annual Progress Report (PDAD&C #26)
From: Shannon Simpson, Director of Indigenous Initiatives.
Date: November 19, 2020
Re: Call for Submissions — Indigenous Initiatives Annual Progress Report (PDAD&C #26)
The Office of Indigenous Initiatives is seeking to collect data for inclusion for the next Indigenous Initiatives Annual Progress Report.
This particular report will be a dual edition, featuring years 2019 – 2020, and will showcase significant work the University of Toronto has accomplished in both 2019 and 2020 that is in alignment with the 34 Calls to Action originally outlined within The TRC Steering Committee’s Report, ‘Answering the Call- Wecheehetowin’.
The Indigenous Initiatives Annual Progress Report is produced in direct response to Calls #33 and #34 which state:
“33. Short-Term Call to Action: All divisions should be required to report annually to the Provost on progress in implementing University commitments in relation to the calls to action contained in this report.
34. Longer-Term Call to Action: The implementation and monitoring body created by the President and Provost should conduct regular periodic reviews of the University and divisions’ progress in implementing the calls to action. The periodic reviews should occur every three years to ensure the University remains on track in implementation, and that the Committee’s and TRC’s recommendations are not forgotten over time.”
The 2019/2020 dual edition of the Annual Progress Report is seeking to highlight:
- Indigenous events and other initiatives;
- New Indigenous hires;
- New curriculum and/or co-curricular educational program developments;
- Community partnerships and relationship-building efforts with Indigenous communities;
- Divisional policies and/or procedural guidelines surrounding Indigenous strategy;
If you would like your division’s efforts towards reconciliation highlighted within the University of Toronto’s 2019 – 2020 Indigenous Initiatives Dual Progress Report, please submit your feedback on the form below by December 15, 2020.
Please note, PEFAL-funded initiatives can be included within this report, and we are only seeking information on initiatives that occurred between January 2019 and December 2020.
Miigwetch on behalf of Shannon Simpson, Director of Indigenous Initiatives.