Call for Proposals – Student Spaces Enhancement University Fund (PDAD&C #77)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
Date: April 25, 2019
Re: Call for Proposals – Student Spaces Enhancement University Fund (PDAD&C #77)
The Office of the Vice-President & Provost is pleased to announce the Student Spaces Enhancement University Fund (SSEUF) to increase and improve space for our students that foster and support the nourishment and enrichment of student academic, personal, and community needs so they can thrive at U of T. This fund is designed to create or improve space that is available to all students, regardless of division or campus enrollment and contribute to student health and wellbeing.
Types of Eligible Projects:
Projects must demonstrate impact on achieving the university’s goals by:
- Modifying an existing space through equipment and furniture solutions
- Replicating, expanding, or adapting an existing space to be available to all students
- Creating and developing newly identified space
Student Space Enhancement University Funding (SSEUF) supports two levels of grant activities:
- Minor (Up to $100,000)
- Major ($100,000 or higher)
- Refreshing existing space, including equipment and furniture solutions;
- Innovative approaches to space design; and
- Increases usable student space for all University of Toronto students, being responsive to diverse student needs
Amount: Up to $100,000
- Expanding, replicating, or adapting existing spaces to be available to all students;
- Creating and developing newly identified space;
- Improving overall impact on the student experience;
- Relationship building across the university; and
- Involvement of a student group.
Amount: $100,000 or higher
Deadline: 2 times per year
Applications for the two Fund streams will be accepted according to the following timelines:
• Minor grants (Up to $100,000) are accepted on a rolling basis.
• Major grants ($100,000 or higher) are accepted twice per year. The deadlines for the 2019 – 2020 academic year will be August 1, 2019 and February 3, 2020.
Additional information is available online. Questions about SSEUF can be directed to the fund co-Chairs, David Newman, Senior Director, Student Experience and Christine Burke, Director, Campus & Facilities Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org.