Call for Nominations – University of Toronto Teaching Awards (PDAD&C #23)
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||October 6, 2016|
|Re:||Call for Nominations – University of Toronto Teaching Awards (PDAD&C #23)|
I am delighted to announce the call for nominations for the 2016-17 University of Toronto Teaching Awards. These University-wide awards recognize our strengths in teaching and learning, and celebrate the achievements of our outstanding faculty undertaking innovative activities in- and outside the classroom. Recipients are honoured at an annual Excellence in Teaching Reception.
The President’s Teaching Award (PTA)
The President’s Teaching Award honours excellence in teaching and significant contributions in educational leadership. We encourage nominations of colleagues whose achievements in these areas are truly outstanding for recognition by the University of Toronto. A selection committee chaired by the Vice-President & Provost will determine the PTA award winners.
- PTA winners receive an annual professional development allowance of $10,000 for five years.
- The University designates recipients as members of the Teaching Academy for a minimum period of five years; those wishing to continue participation in the Academy after this term may elect to do so.
- Please visit the President’s Teaching Award page on the Vice-President & Provost’s website for information on the award and the 2016 Nomination Guidelines.
- Nominators may wish to attend a roundtable discussion, Preparing a Teaching Award Nomination, hosted by the Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation (CTSI) on December 1, 2016, 2:00pm-4:00pm. To attend, please register online.
- Deadline for Nominations is March 20, 2017. Inquiries about the PTA award should be directed to:
Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation (CTSI)
The Early Career Teaching Award (ECTA)
The Early Career Teaching Award recognizes faculty members who demonstrate an exceptional commitment to student learning, pedagogical engagement, and teaching innovation. This award is open to assistant professors in the tenure stream and assistant professors in the teaching stream (in continuing positions). Eligible candidates must be within the first six years of their academic appointment, and have completed two years of teaching at the University of Toronto. A selection committee chaired by the Vice-President & Provost (or Designate) will determine the ECTA award winners.
- Up to four awards of $3,000 each will be offered annually.
- Please visit the University of Toronto Early Career Teaching Award page on the Vice-President & Provost’s website for information on the award and guidelines to prepare a nomination package.
- Deadline for Nominations is January 20, 2017. Inquiries about the ECTA should be directed to:
Office of the Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education