Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Principal of Innis College (PDAD&C #36)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
Sandy Welsh, Vice-Provost, Students
Melanie Woodin, Dean, Faculty of Arts & Science
Date: February 5, 2020
Re: Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Principal of Innis College (PDAD&C #36)
On June 30, 2020, Professor Charlie Keil will complete his term as Principal of Innis College. Professor Keil is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are calling for the nomination of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of the Principal of the College.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College’s programs;
- One to three students of the College;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College; and
- A librarian, where appropriate.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus and one or two members of the administrative staff.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the winter term. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Provost’s Office by Thursday, February 27, 2020 via online form.
Questions about this search process should be directed to Cheryl Gibbs in the Office of the Vice-Provost Students at email@example.com.