Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough (PDAD&C #19)
|From:||Meric Gertler, President
Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
|Date:||September 21, 2017|
|Re:||Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough (PDAD&C #19)|
On December 11, 2014 the Governing Council approved the appointment of Professor Bruce Kidd as Vice-President, University of Toronto and Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough, for a three and a half-year term, effective January 1, 2015 to June 30, 2018. Professor Kidd has indicated that he will not seek re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 (b) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the committee that will advise on the appointment of a new Vice-President and Principal.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- The President (Co-Chair);
- The Vice-President & Provost (Co-Chair);
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the campus;
- One to three students of the campus;
- One librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the campus;
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
Ms. Sheree Drummond, Secretary of the Governing Council, will serve as secretary to the Committee. Mr. Anwar Kazimi, Deputy Secretary, will also provide support.
Nominations for membership on the Advisory Committee should be submitted by Friday, October 6 using the confidential online form. Questions should be directed to:
Secretary of the Governing Council