Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga (PDAD&C #13)
|From:||Meric Gertler, President
Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
|Date:||September 9, 2016|
|Re:||Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga (PDAD&C #13)|
On June 23, 2016 the Governing Council approved the appointment of Professor Ulrich Krull as the Interim Vice-President, University of Toronto and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga for a one-year term effective September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017 or until the appointment of a new Vice-President and Principal, whichever comes earlier.
In accordance with Section 62 (b) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the committee that will advise on the appointment of a new Vice-President and Principal.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- The President (Co-Chair);
- The Vice-President & Provost (Co-Chair);
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the campus;
- One to three students of the campus;
- One librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the campus;
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
Ms. Sheree Drummond, Secretary of the Governing Council, will serve as secretary to the Committee. Mr. Anwar Kazimi, Deputy Secretary, will also provide support.
Nominations for membership on the Advisory Committee should be submitted by Friday, September 16 using the confidential online form. Questions should be directed to:
Secretary of the Governing Council