Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean, University of Toronto Mississauga (PDAD&C #14)
From: Alexandra Gillespie, Vice-President & Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
Date: November 3, 2022
Re: Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean, University of Toronto Mississauga (PDAD&C #14)
On June 30, 2023, Professor Amrita Danière will complete her term as Interim Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean of the University of Toronto Mississauga. Professor Danière graciously agreed to serve as interim leadership to allow time to search for a new Dean (PDAD&C #35, 2021-22).
In accordance with Section 62 (c) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a new Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Campus Principal (Co-Chair);
- The Vice-President and Provost (Co-Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College or Division;
- One to three students of the College or Division;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the College or Division;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the coming months. Nominations for the Committee and any questions about the search process should be submitted to Anuar Rodrigues, Executive Director, Strategy, Office of the Vice-President & Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for nominations is November 17, 2022.