Call for Nominations — Advisory Committee for the Dean, School of Graduate Studies (PDAD&C #55)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
Date: March 23, 2021
Re: Call for Nominations — Advisory Committee for the Dean, School of Graduate Studies (PDAD&C #55)
On June 30, 2022, Professor Joshua Barker will complete his term as Dean of the School of Graduate Studies and Vice-Provost, Graduate Research and Education. Professor Barker is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 61 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of the Dean and Vice-Provost.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative who shall chair the Committee;
- One member of the teaching staff from each of the divisions of the School of Graduate Studies;
- One Dean of a Faculty or School;
- One Chair of a graduate Department;
- One Director of a graduate Centre or Institute;
- One to three graduate students; and
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the coming months. Nominations for the Committee’s membership should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost by April 5, 2021, via the online form.
Questions about this advisory process may be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.