Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy (PDAD&C #40)
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||December 13, 2017|
|Re:||Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy (PDAD&C #40)|
On July 1, 2018, Professor Heather Boon will be stepping down as the Dean of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, to take up the role of Vice-Provost, Faculty & Academic Life. For more details, please see PDAD&C #38.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the Faculty;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the winter term. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost by Wednesday, January 10, 2018, via the online form.
Questions about this search process should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.