Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management (PDAD&C #8)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
Date: August 12, 2020
Re: Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management (PDAD&C #8)
As noted in PDAD&C #75 (2019-20), Professor Tiff Macklem stepped down as Dean of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management on June 3, 2020 to take up an appointment as Governor of the Bank of Canada.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the School;
- One to three students of the School;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the School;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the coming months. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost by August 26, 2020, via the online form.
Questions about this search process may be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.