Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering (PDAD&C #5)
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||July 28, 2016|
|Re:||Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering (PDAD&C #5)|
On June 30, 2017, Professor Cristina Amon will complete her second term as Dean of the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (FASE). The President has exercised his option, as provided for in the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, to allow Professor Amon to be considered for a shortened third term. As per the Policy, the Advisory Committee will be charged with recommending whether the Dean should be reappointed.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am calling for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- Vice-President & Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, or representative;
- One librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the fall term. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost via the online form by August 12, 2016.
Questions about this search should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.