Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (PDAD&C #27)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
Date: March 16, 2023
Re: Call for Nominations – Advisory Committee for the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (PDAD&C #27)
On June 30, 2024, Professor Christopher Yip will complete his term as Dean, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. Professor Yip is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of the Dean. The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the Faculty;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting shortly. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost by March 30, 2023, via the online form.
Questions about this search process may be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.