Call for Nominations — Advisory Committee for the Dean, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work (PDAD&C #30)
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
Date: March 31, 2022
Re: Call for Nominations — Advisory Committee for the Dean, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work (PDAD&C #30)
On August 6, 2021, the Agenda Committee of Academic Board approved the appointment of Professor Charmaine Williams as Interim Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work for a one-year term, beginning January 1, 2022 or until the appointment of a new Dean, whichever comes earlier.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the Faculty;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the coming months. Nominations for the Committee should be submitted to the Office of the Vice-President & Provost by April 14, 2022, via the online form.
Nominations for the role of Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work and questions about this search process may be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.