Invitation to participate in the search process for a new Secretary of the Governing Council
|From:||Shirley Hoy, Chair, Search Committee for a new Secretary of Governing Council|
|Date:||November 18, 2015|
|Re:||Invitation to participate in the search process for a new Secretary of the Governing Council|
Louis Charpentier, who has served as Secretary of the Governing Council since 1999, is retiring at the end of December, 2015. In order to identify the next Secretary of the Governing Council, the University has formed a Search Committee, and the executive search firm of Caldwell Partners has been engaged to support the Committee.
The Committee members are interested in hearing perspectives on the role of Secretary of the Governing Council. Members of the University of Toronto community are invited to participate in the search process by offering their thoughts on the role and the selection criteria for the next Secretary. Confidential responses to the email listed below will go directly to the search consultant at Caldwell Partners (Heather Ring). All responses will be reviewed and summarized for the Committee; no responses will be attributed to individuals.
The Search Committee has prepared the following questions; members of the U of T community are welcome to respond to some or all of these questions. Please send your confidential responses by December 4, 2015 to: SecretaryGCUofT@caldwellpartners.com
- What are the most challenging aspects of the role of Secretary of the Governing Council?
- Do you have in mind any particular priorities for the next Secretary of the Governing Council?
- What educational credentials, experience, competencies, and character attributes should we the Committee be looking for in the next Secretary of the Governing Council?
- To what extent is it important that the next Secretary of the Governing Council can already demonstrate a strong understanding of U of T?
- Where specifically should we the Committee be looking for potential candidates, and why?
- Is there anyone you would recommend we the Committee invite to consider the role?